Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Hello from California!
 
We have transfer meeting later today, so I don't have my new companion yet. We shall see who it is later.
 
My math teachers in HS did give me free response tests, but some of them were peer graded. I don't know if you want that. It can also be tricky sometimes too. Thanks for doing the Family History Stuff, and feel free to send the bound book. That'll be cool. That's so sweet you're going to the Transiberian Orchestra. I've listened to them on Pandora (Devin, see below). They're really cool.
 
I will be biking part time and in a car part time for this next transfer. We'll see what happens there.
 
Last P-day, we carved pumpkins (mine was the Philosopher's stone symbol) and played volleyball. It was fun, especially in togas. I looked like a Xiaolin monk, Elder Lake like a shade, Elder Gines like a Greek, and Elder Hegland like a Scotsman. Sister Workoff and Sister Bergau had their striped sheets as togas.
 
With Elder Lake leaving to head back to Arizona, I've inherited a lot of his stuff, including a GPS (I need to get a charger though), a sweater, a big plastic box to carry extra stuff in, and a bunch of other stuff. Elder Gines is going home too.
 
Our ward had a Halloween Party and Trunk or Treat. That was a lot of fun. There were a lot of non members there, but we only got to speak to one of them, one of the youth's friends. During the Trunk or Treat, we gave out candy with a less active sister, and after that we got a plastic bag and went to the other's saying, "Feed the missionaries." It was funny.
 
One of our investigators, Nikki, made it to church on Sunday. Elder Lake pulled the "Last Sunday of my Mission" card. We had a great lesson with her that night on baptism and the priesthood. Her main concern is the Book of Mormon, so we're going to help her with that.
 
Last night, we taught Kri, our only investigator with a baptismal date, the Word of Wisdom... while we were sitting in Starbucks. It was ironic. He took it pretty well.
 
Well. I'll email next week and talk about my new companion. I hope he's cool.
 
Lots of Love,
 
Elder Ryan Rupper
 

No comments:

Post a Comment