Monday, October 15, 2012

Hey Everyone!                                                     Oct. 9, 2012
 
To begin, I will address things from your emails. Yes, $300 will be great. I will let you know ASAP if it goes missing. I will write the phone number to call if it gets stolen, so it can be cancelled. Next, to Kayla, I was freaking out too. I realized that I will probably have to train a lot of new missionaries in the coming months, joy. ;). I did hear the announcement about the age lower limit. We were all freaking out. It will be nice for Kayla to get into BYU easier. Kayla, if you decide to serve a mission, that's great, if not, I will not be disappointed, but you also do have a while to think about it. One of the cool things about this is that we will probably get a lot more sister missionaries in the field than we have been. Our mission actually has a greater concentration of sisters than other missions. Say congrats to Ranelle and Liz for me. Oh, and Kayla, STUDY FOR THE ACT AGAIN... please. To Mom again, I don't know what I could really use down here, but I'll think of something. Send the pills to Sis. Evans again. The mission office only gives us our mail once a week. Send pills to Evans, anything else to the mission office. Have fun during Fall Break!
 
I had a really cool experience at zone training last week. We had pretend investigators with real concerns come and we were supposed to ask questions and figure out what their concern was. For one of them, I read the quick little bio, and she had a concern on there that we knew was fake, and the first question out of my mouth was "What do you know about the priesthood?" She was shocked. Everyone stared at me in confusion. Come to find out, it was her exact concern. We had another experience like that with another pretend investigator. I immediately understood her concern and helped her resolve it. It was way awesome.
 
General Conference was so great. It is like Christmas for missionaries. It's great. We watched it at the stake center for the 5 sessions. (I hope Devin went to priesthood.) I took a lot of notes and learned a lot of cool things. Some of my favorite quotes, "I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it" and "Ask the missionaries. They can help you.".
 
We had a lesson with one of our investigators, Nikki, and her less active mom, Jill. They're Filipino and very nice. Jill asked for a blessing, and I got the chance to, for the first time, participate in a blessing. It was really cool. Last night, we blessed a less active's son, who had pneumonia.
 
The weather has cooled down a lot. Just about every morning it's foggy out or looks like it's going to rain, but it clears up by noon. I wish it would stay like that.
 
I was wondering if you could also send some of the stories of my ancestors. I would like to remember them, but I can't.
 
I hope everyone is doing well at home. The Church is true. Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. President Monson is the prophet today. We're Children of God.
 
With Love,
 
Elder Ryan Rupper
 
P.S. Devin, you haven't sent me your turn, so I can't sent mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment