Monday, October 15, 2012

Hey all,                                    Oct. 2, 2012
 
So first, for the prescription. I went to the pharmacy this morning, and they said they would call in and see. They called back and said you had picked it up. I would like to take four a day (one with each meal and the other before bed), but 3 would be okay too. Sometimes when I don't take it, my legs feel like they have tiny pins and it hurts. Right now, I have 7 pills left to last me the next two to three days. So, I await your package. Mail through the mission office is kind of slow since it's far and we only get it once a week.
 
Don't let Devin read this part until he finishes his turn. Last turn, I attacked with Blue-Eyes. New turn. I draw and activate Pot of Duality. I reveal Chaos Sorcerer, Gravity Bind, and Gene-Warped Warwolf. I pick Chaos Sorcerer. If you have a monster, Blue-Eyes attacks it. Hurry Devin.
 
My companion is talking a bit more, and I found out what was on his mind. This ward isn't really thrilled about member missionary work, which is super critical. We are trying to figure out how to help them, but it may be a little while.
 
We had a cool miracle a couple of days ago. It was about 8 pm-ish. We hadn't had much success that day, so we say a prayer that we would find someone who was ready to receive the gospel. 5 minutes later, we were walking and this older lady (not elderly, but 50-ish, no white hair) walks out of her house with her phone in hand. We asked her what was wrong. She said that there was a guy on her roof who has been there before. We tried to find him, but he was gone. We allowed her to use our phone, because her's was dead, to call 911. We waited with her while the cops showed up, and she explained that a guy had been on her roof. We appeared when she needed, and vice versa. We taught her the next day, a bit of the Restoration. She kind of believes what the Jehovah's Witnesses do, but we tried to help her see the truth. We left there knowing that even if she didn't want us to come back later, we had planted a seed the size of an avocado pit. We talked to her yesterday casually because this little kitten had attached itself to Elder Lake and wouldn't stop following him, so we tried to see if she could take it for a little, but she couldn't. She wasn't hostile to us at all.
 
Today, we went to the mall. They have this cool Japanese store there. I bought a tanooki (racoon) hat, for Halloween and Imaginary Minecraft. They had a full Pikachu suit ($100), and katana swords ($25). I really wanted both, but decided I couldn't.
 
I met a friendly basher on Thursday. It was at night, and this car had its inside lights on. I decided that I would be a good neighbor and tell them. So, I knocked and told them, and they invited us in! We sat down, and this guy in a wheelchair begins talking to us. He knows some LDS people, and he begins to question us about the afterlife. He kept saying that all you need to do is believe and you are saved (faith, but no works). It was weird, but I gained some experience with bashers.
 
Church was good. We had fast and testimony meeting, and I bore my testimony. In Gospel Principles, we watched part of Pres. Monson's biography. I talked with Sis. Evans about my prescription. They are going to LA for a little becuase Tristan, one of the sons, got a part on a show.
 
It is so hot down here right now. It hit 107 yesterday, and it won't cool down until next week. Thank goodness for the car.
 
We have one investigator right now who has a baptismal date, Kri Kor. He's 16, and plays football. We just really need to help him come to church (thankfully this weekend is General Conference and that counts as going to church). I think his father is gone, but his mom is a member and encouraging this.
 
Hey, Aunt Pam! I got your letter Saturday night. It was funny. Hope you all are doing well at home. The area out here is good. Your piece of mail is the first real letter I've gotten out here in the field. Thank you for sending that.
 
Oh, madre, make sure you are checking my yahoo account while I'm gone. I don't want to come back home with 2,000+ junk emails to read. Delete the junk and facebook ones. Check with me before you add people as my friends on Facebook, too. Thanks so much.
 
Oh, how much money is on my debit card. I have it here, and I don't know if I can/ should use it. Make sure, that if you are okay with me using it down here, that the bank knows I'm in Southern California.
 
Thanks so much for everything,
 
Elder Ryan Rupper

No comments:

Post a Comment